The Ughelli- East, Ughelli-West and Utorogu AG Flow-stations of the UUU AGS Project was novated from Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) to Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC).
The scope of the Project is to execute the detailed engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning of the AG solutions for SPDC’s flow-stations at Ughelli East, Ughelli West and Utorogu in the Niger Delta region of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The objective of the Project is to gas demand due to the on-going rehabilitation of thermal power plants in Nigeria, anticipated WAGP demand growth, construction of new thermal power plants and hook up of additional industries. This anticipated increased demand for domestic gas in the Western Gas Network implies that SPDC will have to increase its supply into the gas supply network. This gave rise to the UUU Project.
The scope of the projects include the following:
• Removal of glass wall partition within CCR building
• Removal of timber wall protection
• Removal/installation of new consoles
• Installation of raised floor tile and skirting
• Removal/installation of ceiling tiles
• Installation of acoustic panels
• Casting of foundation for containerized UPS Building
• Laying and testing of cables
• Removal/installation of vesda tubing
• Installation of smoke detectors
• Safety instrumentation & control system upgrade within CCR
• Installation of cable trays
• Earthing of cable trays & Switch-panels
• Laying, testing and termination of cables in consoles power distribution boards
• Removal/ installation of light fixture
• Installation of Consoles E, D, B, G, A, C, F
• Install new ELCO cables, Install new consoles,
• Energize consoles, Modify MDF panels,
• Hot Cut-over of equipment from old consoles to new consoles
• Cutover ESD panels & SAT
• Installation of Vital DBs
• Cable laying, testing and termination
• Commissioning of Vital DBs
• Installation of switchgear & tie-in to existing switch gear
• Cable laying and termination
• Commissioning of switchgear
• Installation of UPS building and associated devices
• Installation, connection and energisation of UPS batteries
• Laying, testing, earthing and termination of interconnecting signal and power cables within and outside UPD building
• Commissioning and start-up of UPS Building
• Installation of PA system
• KVMS Network installation & upgrade
• Installation of EQMS Electronic queuing system
• FOC pulling-from 17 FARs to CRAR B.
• Installation of Patch Panels in the FARs and CRAR B.
• FOC splicing & testing
The procurement scope for the project is broadly classified into Long Lead Items (LLI) and Bulk materials. The LLI are made up of the compressors, process vessels, Gas Metering system, utility packages like the Electrical / power systems, instrument air packages, Instrument and control systems and so on.
On the other hand, the bulk materials are mainly pipes / fittings, manual valves, steel structural members, cables / cable trays etc.