The AG compression package is integrated into the Flow station existing shutdown system and the package control system is capable of transmitting process data for viewing status to the NAG plant control system for monitoring AG Plant process conditions.
- Protect 10Mbopd from the Bonny flow station by eliminating routine flaring of produced AG by gathering SV, LP and HP vessels gas and compressing and treating same to sales gas quality.
- Support operability and maintainability and hence reduce OPEX
- Support sustainable development of host communities
SPDC and MAKON entered into an Engineering, Procurement and Construction agreement to build the 5mmscfd gas gathering facility in Bonny.
MAKON, in order to fulfill her client’s expectation went into a technical agreement with Propak Systems of Canada.
- Bonny AGS Front End Engineering Design (FEED)was carried out by Propak System of Canada with review by MAKON and final oversight review and approval function by SPDC Discipline Engineers to Shell DEP and international standards
- Detailed Engineering Design (DED) was done to Shell DEP and international standards by a combined team of MAKON and Propak System of Canada discipline Engineers, with SPDC performing the oversight review and approval function.
Foreign Long Lead Items which are direct derivatives of the FEED and DED were handled as foreign procurements as described below:
- Propak Systems of Canada provided the AG Compressor Package consisting of the Ariel GJE/4 Compressor, the CAT Engine 3516 driver, the Intercooler & the wing skids A & B. The Unit Control Panel (UCP) was also supplied by Propak systems.
- Enerflex Ltd of Calgary provided the Instrument Air Package & Fuel gas Package.
- The LV Switchgear was provided by Fairburns of United Kingdom
- The UPS was provided by Dale Eskine
Dexcrest Technical Services Ltd of United Kingdom were contracted to provide various overseas bulk materials such as pipes and fittings, gantry crane and accessories, electrical cable glands, distribution boards, Instrument cable trays, Instrument junction boxes and instrument Tubing and fittings, etc
De-Coon Services Ltd in conjunction with Enercon of United States of America supplied 2no. Caterpillar gas driven generators rated at 350KVA and 1no. Olympian diesel driven generator rated at 100KVA
Local Procurement: This consist basically construction and fabrication consumables, roofing materials, electrical cables, etc as described below:
- The MCC/FAR building fabrication is being under taken by Galba Nigeria Limited. These steel building/ shelter is housing the Low Voltage Switchgear and Delta V system respectively.
- The smokeless Flare package made up of the Flare Stack and its Ignition Panel were fabricated locally by BOSKEL. The Flare Stack bears a specially designed Flare tip.
- System was provided by AOS Orwell and it incorporates the Process Automation System (PAS) and Safety Instrumented System (SIS). The PAS and SIS constitutes the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) which provides centralized monitoring and supervisory control via human/machine interface which serve as the operator’s single window to the entire plant.
- Telecommunication was provided by Catalyst 2000, on behalf of METS whose scope of work entails provision of LAN& WAN Systems, Telecoms Closet, UPS Power Systems, CCTV System, Telephone System, E&L Systems, and Cable Systems.
- Aluminum Towers Limited for roofing sheets
- Orazulike Limited for steel sections for the fabrication of shed stanchions
- Larfage WAPCO Limited for cement for the casting of process equipment foundations
- Host community local suppliers for river sand and granites
- Nigerchin Limited for electrical cables and wires
- Fire and Gas Detection and Protection materials by Draise Energy Ltd.
- Construction of Bonny AGS Plant consists of the followings:
- Steel fabrications and installations of sheds
- Concrete works for process equipment foundations and other heavy equipment like generators’ foundations
- Mechanical and electrical equipment installations
- Instrumentation, automation and control equipment installations
- Piling/ Excavation/ Blinding/ Re-Barring/ Formworks.
- Concreting/Concrete casting.
- Process lines installations
To ensure a seamless & successful commissioning, detailed commissioning processes were duly adhered to during this phase. E.g. sequence of action, sign-off of check /punch sheets A,B& C, Lock-in Tag-out, etc.
The Commissioning phase was succeeded by the 90 Days Reliability Testing of the Gas Handling Facility.
At the success of the reliability test run, the entire system is handed over to Shell management and signed of as a completed and commissioned plant.
This process enabled MAKON and Shell, the Client, to agree on which document is delivered and which document is outstanding.
A virtual File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is created in the cyber space for storage and sharing of documents. This usually is hosted and managed by a third party through the provision of password and codes.
The FTP operated by MAKON is called EGNYTE which is in tune Shell’s LIVELINKS
Shell through the E-SPIR system Operations and maintenance spare parts stock management will be driven.