Main Process Packages:
- Inlet header skid.
- HC Dew-point control skid.
- Liquid handling skid.
- Gas metering skid and Sale gas manifold.
- Gas compressor unit.
- Glycol Unit.
- Fuel Gas Distribution Unit.
- Instrument/ Utility Air Unit.
- Flare Unit
- Pipe rack system and Plant layout.
- FAR/ Control Room
- MCC/ Switchgear.
- Power system and distribution Unit.
- UPS system.
- Telecommunication systems
- Eliminating flaring of the gas produced from the flowstation.
- Supporting operability, maintainability and reducing NPDC’s OPEX.
- Supporting sustainable development of host community.
- Giving due focus to HSSE standards.
- Standardizing design template and equipment packages such that they can be modularised and be adapted for other locations.
- The needs for operational integrity throughout the projected minimum 30 years life cycle of the Facilities.
- The requirements of the gas customers, as specified in the gas sales contracts.
- Meeting the requirements of high availability, cost effective operations, minimum maintenance and environmental sustainability.
- Minimisation of site work to reduce exposure of personnel and equipment by driving off-site pre-fabrication and pre-commissioning of equipment packages.
- Designs to allow parts of the project to be fabricated and/or constructed as much as possible in Nigeria by Nigerian companies.
- Low operator intervention and minimised use of consumables.
- Optimum use of existing utilities and infrastructure.
- Flexibility with respect to future development scenarios.
Project currently in FEED phase and expected to be completed to International Standards. HAZOP Workshop completed. SIL Classification, Technical & Preliminary Plot Reviews ongoing and scheduled to run from 4th November-16th November, 2013 in ENERFLEX Houston office, USA. ENERFLEX is commissioned to design and fabricate process-related equipment with oversight functions provided primarily by MAKON and ultimately by NPDC, the end user.
Detailed Engineering Design (DED)
Project in FEED phase. ENERFLEX to handle DED phase of the project. Oversight function to be provided primarily by MAKON and ultimately by NPDC.
Project in FEED phase, Detailed design and Fabrication of process packages yet to proceed. Fabrication work will be succeeded by Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), with the Client NPDC and other regulatory bodies such as NAPIMS and DPR in attendance. The procurement/fabrication of other skids and Utility vessels will be done in due course. As a NCD requirement, METS plan to fabricate various components and tanks locally.
- Site survey and Geotechnical studies
- Mobilization and Transport activities
- Surcharge Removal
- Mobilisation of Piling Works
- Piling and Installation of Pile casings in their required positions
- Prefabricate and install reinforcements on the installed piled casings
- Pile cap Construction of foundations as required for Piled Equipment
- Construction of raft foundation for skid and others as per AFC drawings
- Foundation for Equipment (piled)
- Construction of Temporary/ Permanent Site Access Roads within the facility.
- Precast of Storm water drains.
- Precast of Pipe/Cable Sleepers.
- Fabrication & Installation of Cable Tray Steel Works on Sleepers.
- Several Excavation, Blinding & Installation activities.
- Pipe Rack Foundation.
- Precast Equipment Foundation.
- Piling for Equipment Foundations.
- Excavation & Installation of Precast Storm Water Drains.
- Pour Concrete & Install Rebar for Equipment.
- Installation of Precast Foundation.
- Concrete Road Works (All Areas).
- Erection of process skids, vessels and Equipment unto foundations.
- Installation of various instrument valves and fittings.
- Laying of instrument cables plant-wide.
- Installation and Hook-up of Electrical Buildings.
- Installation of Electrical Cables plant-wide.
- Deployment of Telecommunication equipment.
- Re-assembly of Accessories for Skids.
- Other miscellaneous activities to ensure mechanical completion.
METS aims to maintain the highest Health, Safety and Environment Standards with no Loss-Time Injury (LTI) when construction proceeds.
- Key Personnel of the operations department of NPDC will be trained for operation and maintenance
- A complete set of Operation and maintenance procedures will be given as part of the hand over notes
- NPDC will sign an agreement to have a few of the technical Vendors on hand to provide Facility operations assistance as part of flawless delivery.
- NPDC through the E-SPIR system, Operations and maintenance spare parts stock management will be driven.